Welcome to eLearningspace, a safe, high quality web-learning environment that helps 'smart families and smart schools' to turn out-of-school learning time into out-of-school earning time - for 3rd to 12th graders.
Learning and earning time can happen in your family whenever your 3rd to 12th grader uses eLearningspace to:
- Take a self-evaluation test in math (by grade level);
- Print out the results and note how well he or she performed on the areas of problem solving, concepts and operations (computation);
- Create and use a personal, grade-appropriate learning plan and learning resources to improve their learning;
- Evaluate how well the resources they have used have helped them to learn;
- Automatically have the above activities recorded in their personal eLearningJournal.
By using eLearningspace in this way, your child will not just be helping to improve her or his own learning, but be helping to improve eLearningspace for other learners. For helping in these ways, your child earns Time Dollars, a currency that many communities use to reward those who help others. The "Time Dollars" your child earns are recorded in their Time Dollar Account, in their eLearning Journal. These Time Dollars are trade-able for goods and services offered at the eLearningspace Auction Site (check it out).
Parent Approval: As a parent you must complete The Parent Agreement Form. When we receive and process your Agreement Form (usually within 24 hours), your child’s Time Dollar account will be activated and the Time Dollars earned by your child will be recorded in his/her personal eLearning Journal.
At eLearningspace your child can improve in mathematics, science, language arts, technology and health by:
- Using eLearningspace's self-testing feature to identify weaknesses and strengths;
- Creating and using personal learning plans to strengthen weaknesses;
- Checking their eLearning Journal to follow their learning and their earning of Time Dollars.
- Become a confident and competent learner and earner, preparing for life in a learning society;
- Succeed in meeting challenging local, state, and national educational standards.
At the eLearningspace Auction Site your child can trade earned Time Dollars for:
- U.S. Savings Bonds for college;
- Brand name products (clothing, sporting goods, footwear, etc);
- CDs and computer software;
- Tickets for movies, concerts and other events;
- Many kinds of gift certificates.
To ensure that your child is able to learn and earn at eLearningspace, be sure that:
- Your child has registered and has a Username and a Password, and has written it down;
- Your child has downloaded eLearningTracker, which ensures their Time Dollars are recorded;
- You have read, filled out, and submitted the eLearningspace Parent Agreement Form
Things you can do to help your child earn Time Dollars: